326

I realised yesterday that one of the things I didn’t like about the wire was its unchanging line weight. Since copper is very malleable, I decided to have a go at hammering it and it’s working we’ll. of course, it’s also taking an age to do! I also decided that the regularity of the line – up, down, up, down – was not working either so I’m trying to space out the lengths of copper ( no longer joined up) in a kind of rhythm that echoes something of the sound volume and complexity: relative stillness and background hum to trains passing overhead and buses screeching to a stand still. Here’s a progress shot.

Photo

20121121-175311.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s